Last Updated on October 19
Presenting yourself the best electric log splitter can bring a lot of changes in your life. Obviously in a positive way. So, if you are someone who got pissed off with the noise of those gas engines, then this write will steer the light on those solutions that you might look for. This won’t even be a hard guesswork because those solutions are nothing but electric log splitters.
So, if you want to make your splitting job easier, then these machines appear to be very helpful in this arena. And if you want options, then here you go. Just scroll it up and get to know which splitters are ruling the industry.
Best Electric Log Splitter Reviews
Why buy an Electric Wood Splitter?
So, here are some of the reasons why you should own an electric wood splitter:
Wish to split logs while it’s raining outside? Then electric wood splitter is one of the perfect picks you can have for the job. Since, it works depending on electricity, you can do the job anywhere you want, be it in the barn, garage or anywhere. It’s not only safe but also comfortable.However, it is not only limited to indoor use. You can use it somewhere out of the wall as well. With a durable cord, you can take the wood splitter anywhere.
Save your ears:
Such kind of wood splitters tend to be very quiet. While other splitters can tear your ears by making noise with their gas engines, the electric ones are pretty opposite.
Low maintenance needs:
The best part about the electric wood splitter is that it comes with its lower maintenance needs. With this, neither you will need to change the oil, nor you will need to add gas. There is also no requirement for changing oil filter or replacing the plugs. All you will just do is: Plug it in and go.
Environment will be thanking you if you get yourself an electric log splitter since it hates the one with the gas engines. It’s because, gas engines come with a great amount of power that leads them to release harmful gases like hydrocarbons, nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide that harm the nature. Or you can say, they are the reason why smog and acid rain exist.
Easy to use:
The most obvious reason to get an electric log splitter is for its ease of use nature. This kind of splitter does not have any complex assembly, so you can use it easily even if you are a beginner.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Log Splitter
The strength of the splitter is one of the most essential factors that you should chase down. It’s the determining factor of your slitter. It’s because, if you get one with lesser than the standard tonnage, you might face the trouble using an inefficient machine that will make you do work more than you need to.
Because, it will not be able to handle the woods that you will have and this will cause a lot of issues. But, that does not mean you will get a much powerful splitter. Because, with too much force, the machine might overstrain itself and get damaged. Also keep in mind that faster machines are not always the best options for log splitters. Because, this will have you tired easily through working along with the machines.
However, force of the splitters needs to be balanced out. So before getting one, you must find out if you want a stronger or moderate splitter.
It is essential to know what kind of wood you will work with so you can understand which type of splitter will be suitable according to your needs. The basic length of wood for catering should about 10 inches to 25 inches long. As for the diameter, it should be about 10 inches to 15 inches. This will offer the best use to cut them by using the machine.
A splitter that would be catering to smaller logs than the range will still manage to do your job. However, in the long run, it might restrict the variety and amount of wood that you can work with. Machines that will offer sturdiness, durability and efficiency can take you miles only if you realize what kind of logs you will split. And after matching the range, you can go for one.
Brand is like the identity of the product. So whenever you are looking for a log splitter, you must know what its identity is. Although they might take some extra bucks than the non-branded, but that’s worth it. Branded machines will offer you all the factors you look for, be it safety, durability or reliability.
So, if you don’t want to regret having a product then you should think of getting one within the brands in the market. Because, you won’t like the machine to cut and then stop halfway for the malfunction of it. The trouble will not only waste your money but also will waste your time and effort as well. And this will be pricier than those high end models.
However, if you ask for suggestions, some of the great brands in electric log splitter are Powerhouse, WEN, Pow’ R’ Kraft, Boss Industrial, and Yardmax.
This is another important factor you must think of before getting an electric wood splitter. This will help you know a lot about the machines. There are many users who share their experience with the product and leave remarks with both pros and cons. So, if you get to know both negative and positive sides of the splitters, you will be able to decide properly that whether you should go for it or not.
Tips for Using an Electric Log Splitter
When it comes to log splitters, electric log splitters seem to be a better option than the gas-powered ones. There’s less noise, no dangerous exhaust fumes, and also they can be operated indoors. Here are some tips for using an electric log splitter:
- Before you even start, you should always go through the user manual that comes with it to learn all the maintenance instructions
- Always check the hydraulic fluid to ensure that your machine has maximum power as, without sufficient fluid, your machine won't have enough power to run. Make sure to never come in direct contact with this fluid as it is very dangerous.
- Wearing safety materials such as thick clothes, heavy shoes, and protective eye-gear are very important to protect yourself.
- To sharpen worn down blades of your machine, use a rough metal file to sharpen the blunt areas.
- Unless you buy a self -cleaning log splitter, clean the machine on a regular basis to remove any debris from the blades but make sure the machine is turned off first. After all, your safety is the first priority.
- Log splitters should always be stored in a dry and safe place which is dry and would keep it safe from water and snow. The preferable place could be a shed or a garage.
- Turn off power before moving your log splitter from one place to another, when checking for fluids, or when adjusting the position of logs.
- Your work zone should be free from any sort of clutter. Besides that, the place where you work should have plenty of light so you can see what you’re doing.
- Always check that the screws, nuts, and bolts, of your electric log splitter, are in place and securely attached. This is very important to prevent any form of accident and also increase the longevity of your machine in the long run.
- Adjust the height of your machine appropriately to prevent it from slipping or sliding away. The height of 24 to 32 inches is usually all right, but it all depends on your preferences.
- Never let children or any other person come near the wood splitter. This is a one person job and shouldn’t be operated in crowded places.
- Always check the wood before putting it in the log splitter and make sure there are no foreign objects in it such as nails or screws to prevent damage to your machine.
Electric log splitter is one of the most convenient machines that you can get. It will not only help you split your woods, but also will help you save a lot of your time and effort. And banking on your needs for the wood splitting, hopefully this list will be pretty helpful in making your decision. However, such kind of machine comes with a lot of factors that you must point out. While we have already mentioned some of the important ones, you can add some more to the list. But before you grab one, it’s important you evaluate.
- 1 Best Electric Log Splitter Reviews
- 1.1 #10. Powerhouse Log Splitters XM-580 9
- 1.2 #9. Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SELS60
- 1.3 #8. YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 1.4 #7. Swisher LS22E 120V Timber Brute Eco Split Electric Log Splitter
- 1.5 #6. Goplus New 1500W 6 Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 1.6 #5. Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 1.7 #4. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
- 1.8 #3. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter
- 1.9 #2. Pow' R' Kraft 65556 4-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter
- 1.10 #1. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 1.11 Why buy an Electric Wood Splitter?
- 1.12 Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Log Splitter
- 1.13 Tips for Using an Electric Log Splitter
- 1.14 Final Verdict: