Presenting yourself the best electric log splitter can bring a lot of changes in your life. Obviously in a positive way. So, if you are someone who got pissed off with the noise of those gas engines, then this writer will steer the light on those solutions that you might look for. This won’t even be hard guesswork because those solutions are nothing but electric log splitters.
So, if you want to make your splitting job easier, then these machines appear to be very helpful in this arena. And if you want options, then here you go. Just scroll it up and get to know which splitters are ruling the industry.
- Top 10 Best Electric Log Splitter Reviews
- 1. All Power America LS5T, 5-Ton 1500 Watt Electric Log Splitter
- 2. EARTHQUAKE 32228, 5-ton Electric Log Splitter
- 3. Boss Industrial ES7T20
- 4. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
- 5. PowerSmart, PS90 6-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter
- 6. Boss Industrial ED8T20 Electric Log Splitter
- 7. Sun Joe LJ601E Electric Log Splitter
- 8. YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 9. Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SELS60
- 10. 9TRADING Electrical Hydraulic Log Splitter
- Why buy an Electric Wood Splitter?
- Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Log Splitter
- Tips for Using an Electric Log Splitter
- Electrical Log Splitters – Maintenance Tips
- Why Choose Electric Log Splitter Over Gas Powered Log Splitters
- Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Electric Log Splitter Reviews
EARTHQUAKE 32228, 5-ton Electric Log Splitter, 1500-Watt Motor, Precision Pump Gears, Copper Motor Windings, Durable Transport Wheels
PowerSmart Log Splitter, PS90 6-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter, Standard Size power log splitter, Color Red and Black, PS90
1. All Power America LS5T, 5-Ton 1500 Watt Electric Log Splitter
All Power America LS5T, 5-Ton 1500 Watt Electric Log Splitter happens to be a neat entry for its outstanding performance in the market. With its reliable 2 HP motor, it shows its ability to cut woods like a buttered slice. Moreover, the beast is also quite easy to use and you will find it pretty quiet as well when it does its operation.
So, all you will just do is: Plug it in and go. However, they have designed the model to make it convenient, but they have suggested using both hands for safety. Having said that, it comes with 2 grip hands and 6-inch wheels so they can help you with transportation. The splitter can cut woods with a 10-inch diameter just like the previous one and can show its power to prove its worth.
- Powerful motor
- Easy to use
- Ideal for woods up to a 10-inch diameter
- Instructions are not very helpful
2. EARTHQUAKE 32228, 5-ton Electric Log Splitter
EARTHQUAKE 32228, 5-ton Electric Log Splitter happens to be a hit splitter since it has outstripped all the other rivals by proving its ability in a lesser budget. By offering a 1500 watt motor, it is able to cut woods with a 10-inch diameter like a breeze.
And since it’s rated for 4-ton, you can have faith in this beast. Another reason to list it in this electric wood splitter review is for its easy maneuverability and operation. If you are handling logs under 15 inches, it is definitely good to go. But when I say under that range, I literally meant it. Because this splitter won’t be able to bear much if you go above the limit.
However, as for the performance, undoubtedly, it’s a great pick unless you are looking for something industrial power.
- Easy to use
- Great for cutting woods under 15-inch diameter
- Durable for steel material.
- Not ideal for woods above 15-inch diameter
3. Boss Industrial ES7T20
Want to grab a splitter that will boss around all the other ones because it got the power? If yes, then this Boss Industrial ES7T20 can be a great value since it has been rated for 7-ton of slitting force.
Although, they have tried to make it quite convenient by designed it in a way so you can use it with just a hand, but still you might need both to operate it. Moreover, it also got 2 HP motor that can be as powerful as your strength.It has got automatic ram return that makes it a very safe splitter to have.
However, there is a chance for the ram to get pitted and chromed over, so you must take care of that. Other than this, you can think of owning this for cutting down the logs.
- Great for its durability and sturdiness
- Powerful motor
- Automatic ram return makes it safer
- Able to cut woods with ease.
- The ram might pit and chrome over
4. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
Looking for the best electric wood splitter is no more an issue when you can get this 56207 model by the brand WEN. It has the ability to offer over 13,000 pounds of log slitting pressure with its powerful 15A motor. Besides providing a powerful motor, it has other good stuff to count on. With its 6.5 ton, it makes a great choice for cutting a variety of woods.
Besides, it comes with a 34.inch mounting stand, but you have the option to dismount it as well. Moreover, just like most of the rivals, it too has wheels and handles for easy transportation. Although, its heaviness might still be trouble to move around with it that easily, but anyway, you can manage it.
- Solid and durable
- Wheels and handles for transportation
- Able to cut woods like a breeze
- Quick and effective
- Powerful motor
- Extremely heavy to transport it with hands
5. PowerSmart, PS90 6-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter
Wanna get a slitter that will slit the most stubborn wood-like slicing butter? Have this best electric wood splitter from the brand PowerSmart. This PS90 is able to work with a 3 HP motor so that it can show its performance by providing up to 6-ton of slitting pressure. So, it can split the toughest woods with ease.
As for the ram, it can travel a distance of 15.7 inches making it extremely perfect for cutting shorter logs. It will also automatically retract while you take out your hand from the lever after slitting. But the logs should not be very large since it might not cut them properly and disappoint you.
However, it has been constructed with steel so there is nothing to doubt about its sturdiness. Moreover, its two wheels and handles are also two great factors that indicate how easily you can move around with it.
- Easy to maneuver and use
- Can cut 100 logs per hour
- Not ideal for big-sized logs
6. Boss Industrial ED8T20 Electric Log Splitter
Well, let’s not dash its spirits for failing to be the most powerful splitter. Because it got some other strong sides that deserve to get attention in this electric wood splitter review. So, even though it’s 1500 watt motor is not that much power but it has the ability to cut the wood ideally for any home through a fireplace or wood-burning stove.
By offering the maximum splitting force up to 8-ton, it can slit the woods like a breeze. It has also been designed in such so you can travel and maneuver it with no trouble. And the credit goes to the wheels and grip handles that made it possible. So, if you got a tighter budget, then it can be a great deal for you.
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Transportation is easy for handles and wheels
- Budget friendly
- Safe and reliable
- Great for all weather.
- Not as powerful as other rivals
7. Sun Joe LJ601E Electric Log Splitter
This splitter might be overegging the pudding for ones who are average household users. However, if you wish to split very knotty and dense species, then meet this best electric log splitter from Sun Joe. This LJ610E has the quickest 13-second cycle time with a 15-ton force. And since it got two of the most wanted factors, you will love using it.
However, you can power through your work with its 120-volt electric motor. And you can explore the adjustments with its horizontal and vertical splitting positions that offer a lot of splitting force to get the work done.
Moreover, it has a 2.5-gallon poly hydraulic tank that is corrosion resistant so there is no question of it getting damaged. But the complaint is that it’s tough to figure out the amount of hydraulic fluid in the tank.
- Able to split all species of wood
- Great for dense and knotty woods
- Horizontal and vertical splitting positions for force
- Rust-resistant hydraulic tank
- Difficult to underhand the amount of hydraulic fluid
8. YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
YS0552 by Yardmax has a lot of perks to offer that makes it the best electric log splitter in today’s time. This 5-ton beast is able to handle woods up to 20.5-inch long and 10-inch in diameter. Having the quickest 16-second cylinder cycle time, it does know how to get the job done. With its easy maneuverability, it tends to work off a standard power main so it is something that you should own.
Another amazing factor about the splitter is that it comes with a self-returning stroke arm that makes it a very safer splitter to have. But mind that you will have to keep the vent valve open. The weight can be a big issue at 100 pounds. So, if the logs are uphill then it will be a hassle to get them there. Moreover, it comes with a 7-inch wheel and they roll great on plain terrains.
- Powerful and durable
- Easy to use
- Easy to assemble
- Self-returning stroke arm ensures safety
- Very hefty
9. Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SELS60
Challenge it once to cut the hardest kind of woods, you will understand why SELS60 has been listed in the best electric log splitter review. This model from Southland Outdoor consists of a powerful 1.75 HP induction motor with 15 amp that can indicate how much power it got to offer. It also features a 5 inches steel wedge that is able to do the job quickly and easily.
Moreover, this go-getter is not only easy to assemble but also easier to operate. Owning an 18-second cycle time might not be the quickest but it manages to go through the logs easily per hour. However, there are options for adjustment if you want faster cutting, so why not think of owning it?
- Easy to use and maneuver.
- Easy to assemble.
- You can store it vertically.
- Stroke limiter for adjustment.
- 18-second cycle is not really the quickest.
10. 9TRADING Electrical Hydraulic Log Splitter
Let’s kick off the list with this real 9TRADING log splitter. This electric log splitter is one of the most sturdy beasts you can get for yourself. It comes with a 3.5 HP motor that has the ability to outshine any other rivals when it comes to power. So, it is able to split the log with ease to prove its capacity. Some might find it having lesser than their expectation, but with 7 tons weight rating, it does what it is meant to do.
However, you will have to use both handles simultaneously for operating the beast. But other than this, there is no reason to not have it since it has got all the strong points starting from its frame, wheels, performance to the use of it. So, if you got some bucks in your bank and want the best electric log splitter, then this is the one.
- Powerful motor.
- Easy to use.
- Durable & Quiet
- Needs to use both handles making it a 2-hand operation.
Why buy an Electric Wood Splitter?
So, here are some of the reasons why you should own an electric wood splitter:
Wish to split logs while it’s raining outside? Then electric wood splitter is one of the perfect picks you can have for the job. Since, it works depending on electricity, you can do the job anywhere you want, be it in the barn, garage or anywhere. It’s not only safe but also comfortable.However, it is not only limited to indoor use.
You can use it somewhere out of the wall as well. With a durable cord, you can take the wood splitter anywhere.
Save your ears:
Such kind of wood splitters tend to be very quiet. While other splitters can tear your ears by making noise with their gas engines, the electric ones are pretty opposite.
Low maintenance needs:
The best part about the electric wood splitter is that it comes with its lower maintenance needs. With this, neither you will need to change the oil, nor you will need to add gas. There is also no requirement for changing oil filter or replacing the plugs. All you will just do is: Plug it in and go.
Environment will be thanking you if you get yourself an electric log splitter since it hates the one with the gas engines. It’s because, gas engines come with a great amount of power that leads them to release harmful gases like hydrocarbons, nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide that harm the nature. Or you can say, they are the reason why smog and acid rain exist.
Easy to use:
The most obvious reason to get an electric log splitter is for its ease of use nature. This kind of splitter does not have any complex assembly, so you can use it easily even if you are a beginner.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Log Splitter
The strength of the splitter is one of the most essential factors that you should chase down. It’s the determining factor of your slitter. It’s because, if you get one with lesser than the standard tonnage, you might face the trouble using an inefficient machine that will make you do work more than you need to.
Because, it will not be able to handle the woods that you will have and this will cause a lot of issues. But, that does not mean you will get a much powerful splitter. Because, with too much force, the machine might overstrain itself and get damaged. Also keep in mind that faster machines are not always the best options for log splitters.
Because, this will have you tired easily through working along with the machines.However, force of the splitters needs to be balanced out. So before getting one, you must find out if you want a stronger or moderate splitter.
It is essential to know what kind of wood you will work with so you can understand which type of splitter will be suitable according to your needs. The basic length of wood for catering should about 10 inches to 25 inches long. As for the diameter, it should be about 10 inches to 15 inches. This will offer the best use to cut them by using the machine.
A splitter that would be catering to smaller logs than the range will still manage to do your job. However, in the long run, it might restrict the variety and amount of wood that you can work with. Machines that will offer sturdiness, durability and efficiency can take you miles only if you realize what kind of logs you will split. And after matching the range, you can go for one.
Brand is like the identity of the product. So whenever you are looking for a log splitter, you must know what its identity is. Although they might take some extra bucks than the non-branded, but that’s worth it. Branded machines will offer you all the factors you look for, be it safety, durability or reliability.
So, if you don’t want to regret having a product then you should think of getting one within the brands in the market. Because, you won’t like the machine to cut and then stop halfway for the malfunction of it. The trouble will not only waste your money but also will waste your time and effort as well. And this will be pricier than those high end models.
However, if you ask for suggestions, some of the great brands in electric log splitter are Powerhouse, WEN, Pow’ R’ Kraft, Boss Industrial, and Yardmax.
This is another important factor you must think of before getting an electric wood splitter. This will help you know a lot about the machines. There are many users who share their experience with the product and leave remarks with both pros and cons. So, if you get to know both the negative and positive sides of the splitters, you will be able to decide properly whether you should go for it or not.
Tips for Using an Electric Log Splitter
When it comes to log splitters, electric log splitters seem to be a better option than the gas-powered ones. There’s less noise, no dangerous exhaust fumes, and also they can be operated indoors. Here are some tips for using an electric log splitter:
- Before you even start, you should always go through the user manual that comes with it to learn all the maintenance instructions.
- Always check the hydraulic fluid to ensure that your machine has maximum power as, without sufficient fluid, your machine won’t have enough power to run. Make sure to never come in direct contact with this fluid as it is very dangerous.
- Wearing safety materials such as thick clothes, heavy shoes, and protective eye-gear is very important to protect yourself.
- To sharpen worn-down blades of your machine, use a rough metal file to sharpen the blunt areas.
- Unless you buy a self-cleaning log splitter, clean the machine on a regular basis to remove any debris from the blades but make sure the machine is turned off first. After all, your safety is the first priority.
- Log splitters should always be stored in a dry and safe place that is dry and would keep it safe from water and snow. The preferable place could be a shed or a garage.
- Turn off power before moving your log splitter from one place to another, when checking for fluids, or when adjusting the position of logs.
- Your work zone should be free from any sort of clutter. Besides that, the place where you work should have plenty of light so you can see what you’re doing.
- Always check that the screws, nuts, and bolts, of your electric log splitter, are in place and securely attached. This is very important to prevent any form of accident and also increase the longevity of your machine in the long run.
- Adjust the height of your machine appropriately to prevent it from slipping or sliding away. The height of 24 to 32 inches is usually all right, but it all depends on your preferences.
- Never let children or any other person come near the wood splitter. This is a one-person job and shouldn’t be operated in crowded places.
- Always check the wood before putting it in the log splitter and make sure there are no foreign objects in it such as nails or screws to prevent damage to your machine.
Electrical Log Splitters – Maintenance Tips
To make sure that your electrical log splitter is always in tip-top shape, make sure to perform regular maintenance work to prevent it from malfunctioning. Not only does this help your machine perform at its best, but it also helps ensure its longevity.
Here are some of the most useful maintenance tips that you should consider.
First, always make sure to read the manual that came with your log splitter. You can find a lot of useful maintenance tips in the manual, along with other tips you can use to maximize your log splitting.
Before and after every splitting session, check if the machine is clear from any debris. This makes sure that nothing is getting in between its parts that would keep it from performing efficiently.
If you’re using an electrical log splitter that uses a hydraulic pump, always check if it contains enough fluid. Additionally, always make sure that you’re only using fresh hydraulic fluid for your pump.
If you notice that your log splitter is not performing at its best, check if the wedge or blade is properly sharpened.
And finally, if you notice a change in how the engine performs, or how it sounds while splitting logs, have it checked by a professional as soon as possible.
Why Choose Electric Log Splitter Over Gas Powered Log Splitters
Choosing the best log splitter for your situation may prove efficient and valuable in the long run. You’re now inclined to purchase an electric type over a gas type but is still a little bit unsure. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, why choose an electric log splitter over a gas-powered log splitter?
To efficiently answer this question let’s lay down all the pros and cons for each type to help you make a decision.
Electric Log Splitter
An electric log splitter is a very smart choice. You can use it anywhere and it’s quite an upgrade, it’s versatile and is fine to use indoors or outdoors. It’s also not that noisy as you or your neighbor would quite happy. No changing of oil nor gas to worry about so you can just split logs with fewer worries.
A few cons of an electric type log splitter is that of course, you’d always need an outlet to power it with plus it’s generally a bit less powerful than its gas counterpart. This one is cheaper too!
Gas Powered Log Splitter
On the other hand, gas power log splitters are usually more expensive but pack a lot of punch. It’s more powerful and heavy-duty but is also a lot heavier, noisier and you’ll have to change oil and take care of the gas too. Made up your mind? We’re glad to have helped.
An electric log splitter is one of the most convenient machines that you can get. It will not only help you split your woods, but also will help you save a lot of your time and effort. And banking on your needs for the wood splitting, hopefully, this list will be pretty helpful in making your decision.
However, such kind of machine comes with a lot of factors that you must point out. While we have already mentioned some of the important ones, you can add some more to the list. But before you grab one, it’s important you evaluate.